The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank you Audra!

Vicky's "cousin" Audra came into town last Thursday night from Alaska to visit. We went to see her a few years ago in Anchorage and then she met up with us in Vegas for Heather's 21st birthday...so it's been 2 years since we have seen each other. Cary and I met up with Vicky and Audra Friday night for some fun in Los Gatos. We had a super yummy dinner then bounced around the local bars. The night ended with lots of drinks, too many car rides (dropping off one car, following to another car then dropping that one off...) but was well worth the fun. We even got free drinks sent over to our table at one point. As Cary put it "that actually happens?" hehe!

Saturday I had to work so Cary and I headed up to the city to meet back up with the girls when I got off. Audra had miles that were about to expire so she got us a room at the Clift Hotel in Union Square. It was the most amazing hotel EVER! If I had an extra $400 a night to blow I would stay there. We hung out in the room for a while before heading out to dinner. We walked around Union Square for a while, not finding any place fun to eat, before hoping in a cab and heading to North Beach. I took the girls to Firenze by Night - a super delicious authentic Italian restaurant I have come to fall in love with. After our amazing dinner we hit the town, on foot. We hoped around the bars in North Beach but instead of fun we found lots of freaks. Thinking change location, change luck we headed to the Marina. Not much luck there as well but we did end up in one low key bar that was more up our ally. My friend Nic met up with us and the night started to look up. After we got kicked out of the bar for closing time we walked to a main street to grab a cab. A guy that had become found of Cary followed us and went running across the street to try and grab a van cab. I flagged one down in the meantime and we all hoped in. All of a sudden the cabby turns around and says "dude you can't sit there!". I'm thinking he wasn't going to let us cram 4 in the backseat when I turned around and saw that the guy had jumped in the back of the car through the trunk! After much debate the cabby finally got out of the car, opened the back and told him to get out. Thank God Nic was there because he saw that guy get in and told the cabby he wasn't with us. Who does that?!? Anyways the night ended back in our hotel room where we stayed up until 4am talking, and probably keeping the poor people in the room next to us up all night.

The next morning we went to brunch with some of Audra's other friends that live in the city. I love brunch. Brunch needs to become a weekly thing I think :0) After eating we walked around Union Square until we couldn't walk anymore. We parted ways when we got off Bart and said our goodbyes. It was such a fun weekend and I am so happy I got to spend so much time with Audra while she was here. I think there needs to be another Alaska trip in the works....

1 comment:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend!