


Mike and I left a little earlier than the rest of the crowd because...The next morning I got up extra early (for me) and helped Tammy out with a garage sale. It was SO gorgeous outside that it almost worked against us! A good amount of people came by though and Tammy got rid of a ton of "junk" other people took as treasure. I left around 12:30 to head home and get ready for the rest of the day. Mike and I were invited to a chili cook off at Cary's moms house so Mike spent the morning preparing his famous chili. There were 10 entries and 3 tied for first. Mike's chili was one of the winners!!! I think he should enter it into more competitions :) We hung out for a few hours to let all the chili in our belly's digest and then I ventured off to Fair Oaks for the rest of the weekend.
Sadly I missed all of Dan and Lacey's house warming party but I will had a blast hanging out with my brother, nephew and in laws. I got extra lucky because Michelle was in town for the weekend as well! Sunday morning we watched a bit of Anthony's first game of his double header. The bleachers were shaded so it was actually bearable, but the first few innings were hard to watch! Run after run after run scored on both sides so we finally decided to head home for lunch. After we ate far too much food we got in our swim suites and headed to the river. It was HOT out but being in the river was more than heavenly. I didn't want to leave! I had a great time but decided I should start my drive home around 4:30. I ended up at Larry and Tammy's for a last minute BBQ and spend the rest of the evening hanging out with them and Mike.





What a great fun filled weekend it was! I love summer time!!!
2 comments:
What great times! Glad you were able to make it out!
im sorry we missed you! looks like you had a great time this weekend!
Post a Comment