The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Floors

Hooray!! Our house is finally starting to look like a grown-ups! Mike and I have finally accepted that we are stuck in our place for years to come so we decided we might as well make it look the way we want. Mike slaved away, with the help of Cody and Larry, at putting in our new bamboo floors and we LOVE them! Hanna is adjusting to not having grip when she plays although she has already scratched the floor up way more than we were expecting. Bamboo is suppose to be stronger than wood, but apparently scratches easier. Thanks for telling us that at the store sales man!!! Grrr! We've been training her to head to the area carpet when we get home so she can spaz out there instead of slide all over the floor. We bought a new coffee table, end table, "bookcase" and cabinet all with gaining more storage in mind. We are more than happy with the way things have turned out! Next up is putting in base boards, getting our table and chairs refinished to match the new furniture and eventually getting a new front door and TV. I've been fighting Mike off on the new TV for a while now but I'm starting to give in since that giant box of a TV takes up SO much room. I'm sure it will be onto another room after this... The joys of home ownership! Glad the room we spend the most time is almost complete though :)
Our new red cabinet and soon to be re-stained and re-covered table and chairs
New "bookcase" where the fish tank will live once we bring it back downstairs
New area rug and coffee table. This is the best rug EVER! 4inches of plush wonderfulness!
Check out our Rohrbach sign that Mike's Cousin got us!!
My grooms gift to Mike - vintage Monaco posters
Kitchen :)

2 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Wow! Looks great! I hope i get to see it in person soon! I wish our remodel was done!

Lacey said...

Looks awesome!! Great job!