The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SF Oktoberfest

Whew! We survived another Oktobestfest! I'm not sure if I can handle may more of these...or should I say my liver can't handle may more of these!

Saturday a big group of us hopped on the train to San Francisco to spend most of the day drinking liters of German beer, eating yummy German food and dancing to fun German music. We ran into lots of old friends and made plenty of new ones. I can happily say that we didn't lose anyone this year and we didn't get thrown off the train on the way home. Sad that grown adults have to be happy about things like that haha! Mike and I decided to skip out of the post Oktoberfest meal and run home from the train before anyone noticed we had left :) Then we proceeded to sleep from 6:30pm until 9:00am the next morning! Multiple liters of beer and sun will do that do you I guess. Stay tuned for the Redwood City Oktoberfest (happening on October 23rd if you are interested in coming for a visit) which should be much more mellow. Should be....
Train ride up to SF - The Vicky/Viki's dressed up in their German wear
Our new friend who Victoria "iced". This apparently is some insane game where you gift a Smirnoff Ice to someone and they must take a knee and drink the full thing, or pull out their own Smirnoff Ice to block the icing. I have NO idea....
Some of the group - 11am with liters in hand (Jen looks thrilled to be there)
Joe and Michelle win best dressed for the day!
I forced Mike to stop eating his pork knuckle (yuck!) for a second
Karen's 19 week baby boy bump!!
Yay it's Jennie! She came from Lincoln to meet us :)
Train ride home - and yup that is MORE beer! Why we needed that is beyond me but Joe thought he saved the day but buying us some for the ride home.
This says it all!!!