Kendall has been waiting for the day her teeth would start to fall out FOREVER (in her mind anyways). A lot of her friends started to lose teeth in kinder and there were a few instances this year where she shed some tears since she was the "only" one that hadn't lost a tooth yet. A little while back I noticed that her adult teeth had begun to grow in behind her baby ones and we really did not want to have to have her teeth pulled if we could avoid it. Luckily our wish was granted and her teeth became loose all on their own. I've actually dreaded loose teeth since it really creeps me out, plus I've spent the past 6+ years trying to keep her hands out of her mouth. But something about HER teeth being loose has been completely fascinating to me. Multiple daily checks on how loose they had become became the new normal. She had the first one so close to coming out but taking the final step of pulling it was too much for her. For a little motivation, I admitted to her that I was holding onto a surprise for her first lost tooth (a book she's been wanting) before heading out to dinner one night. A few hours later I got a picture from Mike - with a very happy, toothless Kendall! I guess a little bribery was all she needed since she pulled it out all on her own. Then a few days later tooth number two was also yanked by our brave little girl. Anything to draw out bed time a little longer, right? What is crazy is that she seems to have at least 4 more wiggly teeth now so we could potentially have a very toothless girl soon. I kinda love it!

Shark teeth!!
Tooth number 1 - OUT
And just like that, another one bites the dust
No comments:
Post a Comment