The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Monday, April 2, 2018

Kendall's First Visit to Holly Cross & Cypress Lawn

As many of you know Kendall's middle name is Jaime after my best friend that passed away when we were in 7th grade.  I've always had a picture of Jaime out in the house, and we've been very open about her namesake, so Kendall has always had interest in knowing more about Jaime.  A few months ago Kendall began asking about going to "see" Jaime and put flowers on her grave.  After putting a lot of thought into it, and numerous requests by her, we decided she was ready. Jaime's birthday is March 10th and since it was a Saturday this year it seemed like the perfect time to visit.  Kendall was very curious about all of the different grave stones and why only some of them had flowers and gifts left by them but seemed to have a good grasp on everything else about the cemetery.   I had asked her if it was ok if we put flowers on some other loved ones graves while we were there and she was more than happy to. We stopped by my Aunt Patty's, Jaime's step brother Steven's and my Aunt Judy's graves, sadly missing my cousin Donna since I can never seem to find her :(  She also went along with my silly rituals - like cleaning off the stones and giving them a kiss goodbye before we left.  This six year old amazes me with her understanding of things that I feel are so beyond her years.  I'm not ready to go through my memory box with her yet (her current request), but I think we are on our way there.
I felt a little weird about taking photos but I'm glad I did!
Aunt Patty
Steven
And Aunt Judy

No comments: