Kendall's class recently had their big PBL (project based learning) project for the quarter. They called it the "Wax Museum" but in short the kids were to each choose a hero, role model or person that made a difference in the world to embody for a day. They spent a month researching their chosen person, learned out to do outlines, idea bubbles/think sheets and how to compose their first essay. All the kids seemed to be really excited and into reading and writing about their pick. Kendall has been very into the "I am" books and received I am Lucille Ball for Christmas from Uncle John and Uncle Paul. The second the project was announced she knew that is who she wanted to be. I have to admit that at first I was hesitate on her selection, thinking maybe Lucille wasn't historic enough, but Kendall taught us so many amazing things on why Lucille was the perfect choice. I've never seen Kendall so excited to do her homework and practice for a presentation! The kids got to dress up like their person, line the halls of the upper campus and answer questions as their person from friends, family and the younger classes. They each made a "button" for the guests to push before they could answer a question to keep with the idea that they were part of a wax museum. I cannot explain how excited the kids were and how well each of them did! Some of the choices were so creative and I legitimately learned a lot that day. I posted a few of Kendall's videos - sorry for all the background noise! - and we couldn't be more proud of her! I also may have had THE best time transforming her into, I think, the perfect Lucy :)

Trooper sleeping in foam rollers so I could give her the "poodle" do
Kendall insisted on having an apron like Lucille with the heart, so guess what I was making at the last hour?
The rollers didn't hider her sleep one bit!
Post makeup, pre hair do. Kendall likes to say she doesn't have eyebrows so she was the most excited about getting to "have" eyebrows for the day
So. Perfect!! Amazing what some red hairspray, lipstick and an outfit will do!
I just can't get enough!!!
A few of my favorites - Albert Einstein
Walt Disney
Franklin D Roosevelt
Steve Jobs
Jane Goodall and Mohammed Ali
This man came running up to Kendall shouting "LUCY!! I'm your biggest fan!" Kendall's smile could not have been any bigger.
Proud mommy
GREAT job to her entire class!
We took out all her pins and put her hair back before swim lessons. I was having flashbacks to cheerleading competitions, sleeping in those rollers and big giant hairspray filled pony tails!
No comments:
Post a Comment