The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wedding Dress Overload!!

Ok, not really. But the past two weeks I've been wedding dress shopping with two of my favorite girls, Lacey and Alicia. It was fun to see how completely different the styles of dresses each of us gravitated towards. Plain as can be, lace and straight, detailed and "poofy"....

I've learned a few things during all these recent wedding dress adventures. 1. I don't think anyone could look bad in a wedding dress. I may be bias because those girls would still look good in a potato sack, but still. If you are ever having a low self-confidence day just go try on some wedding dresses and it will perk you right up! I felt the same way when I was trying them on and we all know we are our own worst critic. 2. I think my new dream job is working in a wedding dress store. In the back of my mind I always though I could be good at wedding planning but don't want to give into the long hours, working weekends and crazy brides I have been lucky enough not to come across (yet). But working in a wedding dress store could still give me the constant bride fix that I love, normal hours and get to play dress up when ever I want to :0) Yes, I know I would come across plenty of the crazy brides that I say I want to avoid. I just seem to have that wedding dress knowledge implanted in me for no reason at all. 3. I really really love my own dress. I also love the dresses that my friends have picked out, but for me - my dress is perfect!

Obviously I can't post pictures of the girls in their dresses...but you'll be seeing them on here before you know it!

5 comments:

Ashley Nicole Summers said...

I disagree a little bit about wedding dress shopping. Courtney made me try one on when she was engaged, and I literally had a Carrie SATC moment and broke out into a rash on the spot. That said, when I get married, you can totally help plan it. Or just plan it for me. Either way. :)

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

I loved wedding dress shopping too! I would love to go back and try some on! Hehe! I can't wait to see you in yours and Lacey's as it is made! so exciting!

Lacey said...

thanks so much for being there with me!!

Mama Michelle said...

I totally think you could fit a little wedding planning into your schedule!
Uummm..maybe somewhere between Vegas and wine tasting?..

jen3 said...

i can definately see you in the wedding dress business!! You would be great at it! style and personality:)