I'm one lucky lady because I was able to attend the Giants home opener once again this year. I was extra excited since I wasn't able to join Victoria and Alicia at Spring Training. Vik and I headed to the train early to be sure we got as much opening day fun in as possible. Sadly there were delays so we got to the city about an hour after we had hoped to, but no matter! We made the best of it and managed to find some AC in a car to keep us cool. There were still hours before the game so we headed to a couple bars where we met up with our friend Ryan and his friends. Then off to the park where we met up with Sarah and K-Kim (Kevin) in the garden - which I loved by the way! We got there at the perfect time since all of the players were lining up to be announced. After the excitement of seeing our guys, we turned around and ran into the Gutierrez crew. After some catch up time with them we made a few inning trip up to club level, then back down to our awesome seats - just in time to see Pence's grand slam! The win was the icing on the already perfect cake! Then back out to a few more bars to re-meet up with the guys and reluctantly back home since we all had to work the next day. You know it was a great day for me because I came home with full blown laryngitis (apparently that's my new "getting old" thing since it happens WAY too often now) which is just now getting better. Oh man, SUCH a great day!!!
Waiting for our train with our breakfast "smoothies"
Ryan!!
One of Ryan's friends that we met 2 years ago on opening day. He couldn't remember so we took this picture as proof for next time.
Up close to our favorite men in orange and black!
HI Pence!!!!
Awesome seats watching Romo warm up
Meeting Sal Castaneda (our local traffic celebrity for those of you outside of the SF area)















No comments:
Post a Comment