The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pretty much the best week EVER!

The past week (and a half?) was kind of a blur, but OH SO MUCH FUN!!!  You know I'm not good at just staying at home and the kids are definitely turning out to be more like me in that regard.  I have a huge backup of laundry to do, and I'm sure a million other things, but they'll get done eventually :)

Last Saturday - Mike and some guy friends took the big kids bowling.  Charlie and I ran some errands and I went on a cleaning spree (think boxes of magic erasers, scrubbing walls and baseboard cleaning).   We didn't want the clean house to go to waste so we last minute invited a few friends over for an impromptu BBQ and hang out.
My only picture from the night - but a great one!

Sunday - Easter. See yesterdays blog.

Monday - Jen's birthday!!!  I didn't know if we'd be able to swing a night of celebrating after all of the Easter fun, but the kids rallied and we had a great night destroying... I mean hanging out at Jen and Joe's with pizza and ice cream cake and wine.  Can't forget the wine!
Can you find teen tiny newborn Ryland?
 Chaos!
  Wish us luck!
 Only 1 of 10 in tears.  Success!
Everyone say "ice cream cake"!

Tuesday - I had a VERY overdue date night with Alicia.  No pictures but that's just because we couldn't stop talking long enough!

Wednesday - Morning walk with the Given's girls while Kendall was at school, then the kids and I headed into work to say "good-bye" to our wonderful office Admin who moved to another office.  Our new Admin put on a super great good-bye party and the kids loved running all over the office and chatting it up with all of the other agents.  Then after nap time we headed up to the Van Zant's for dinner and kiddo play time.  We missed Heather since she was in China for work, but we did have the bonus of our long lost friend Ryan making an appearance!  Again, no pictures. Too much talking to be done.

Thursday - I guess technically we were home?  But Mike took Kendall on her first ride in the bug!  She's been super excited to go and now that she has a big girl booster seat (for special occasions) we thought it was time to let her. She started off with her hands over her ears and looking a little timid, but Mike said by the end of the ride she dropped her hands and had a smile from ear to ear!  Once they got back we had lots of backyard play time, dinner, put the kids to bed and then Mike had his weekly guys night.

Friday - Date night!  Also much needed alone time for Mike and me.  We had a marathon dinner at Timber and Salt despite the pressure to rush through things.  I think the waiter finally got the hint we weren't going anywhere fast and set up shop a few times to hang out.  We finished the night with one more drink at Martin's West before heading home to cut Grammy and Goompa loose.
 Cheers!

Saturday - The kids and I met up with Bob and the boys at the San Carlos Flight Center for their 4 year "birthday" celebration.  Then Mike's friends Levi and John, and John's wife and daughter, came over for a freshly smoked pastrami dinner.  Stella (John's daughter) is just about 5 and her and Kendall quickly became BFF's during their bowling outing.  We barely saw them the entire night!  It was gorgeous out so us adults spent the entire evening, and well into the night, in the backyard chopping it up.  So much fun!
 We made a detour into the Museum for a bit 
 This boy loves his trains just like his Goompa and Daddy!
Pastrami pre-steam.  I can't wait to break out the two we froze! mmmmmmm

Sunday - Friends group walk around Stanford campus followed by a winery picnic date with the Bowen's!  How the kids didn't pass out on the drive home after all of that running around, I'll never know.  I did wake Charlie up at 6pm for another family walk before dinner and real bed time though.
 RWCFC Taking over Stanford campus!
 And our kids (and about 20 others) taking over Picchetti Winery 

See... best week ever!  I think we should probably have a few nights off from the fun to get real world stuff accomplished.  But I see a some more really good times ahead very soon!

No comments: