This year we had a weekend full of insanity leading up to the actual 4th holiday: boating, swimming, bbq's... so we decided to skip the craziness that is the Redwood City Parade and do a family hike and picnic instead. I'm so glad we did! What a great way to spend some time with just our family and I got to get outside (since we all know I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes). Once we got home and Charlie went down for his nap Kendall and I headed downtown to finally catch some of the battle of the bands, which I've missed every year due to nap schedule or the heat. Kendall wasn't a fan of the Stanford dancing tree so we decided to walk around a while before kidnapping Victoria and going to visit a friend at the firehouse before we headed back home. After resting up and eating some dinner, it was back out the door to watch the fireworks down at the Marina with the Wilder's. Fireworks were totally awesome and the kids all seemed to enjoy them as much as we did. It was a little rough to get back to reality following such an epic day (and weekend) but all the fun had a smile planted on my face for days!
Showing off her pinecones
and his
Kendall got his hat when she was ONE and it still fits!! not much longer though...
Uncle Lucas to the rescue! Lucky us we ran into them at the bands so he could give her a lift
4th of July fun for the win!
Can't forget this all American cutie
Look! He has officially sprouted all but 2 teeth!













No comments:
Post a Comment