The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Monday, June 25, 2018

Kendall's last day of 1st Grade

So. Many. Blogs. To. Do.  Maybe this will get me going!  Miss Kendall had her last day of 1st grade a few weeks ago. This year seems to fly by and it really is amazing to see how much she has grown, in all regards, over the past year.  I think her reading and conversational skills have blossomed the most of all!  Some of my favorite memories these days are hanging out with my girl and just gabbing away about anything and everything.  She is still our little caregiver - she's on a first name basis with the school nurse since she volunteers to escort every sick/injured kid to the office.  She's developed some great friendships and it's really fun to see her interact with her friends from school.  She seems to be such a different kid when she's not the oldest of the kids in the group, but is really coming into her own in the school setting.

The year started a little rocky with the teacher she was suppose to have deciding to not come back after maternity leave and her long term sub not really having a great handle on managing almost 30 six year olds.  Almost the entire class was way behind where they should have been until the school hired on a permanent teacher, who was a first year teacher but very eager to take on the challenge.  I saw incredible changes in a short period of time and I think all of the parents could relax a little after winter break time - I know I did!  He implemented some great systems that even rolled over into home life.  I went from dreading this past school year to really really enjoying it.  I can't wait to see what next year brings!

Growing like a weed 
 Kendall adored her teacher! Hopefully he's back next year so she at least gets to see him again.


1. How old are you?  6, almost 7
2. How much do you weight? 54 pounds
3. How tall are you?  50"
4. What is your favorite food? Quesadillas, lemons, limes and oranges
5. What is your favorite snack? beef jerkey
6. What is your favorite color?  pink
7. What is your favorite toy?  My build-a-bear bunny
8. What is your favorite song? Party in the USA
9. What is your favorite book?  The book with no pictures
10. What is your favorite Sport?  Baseball
11. What is your favorite tv show?  Duck Tails
12. What is your favorite movie?  The Greatest Showman
13. Who is the coolest person on Earth?  Stella
14. Who is your best friend?  Naomi and Lyla
15. What is the thing you do the most awesomely?  Hug my teacher
16. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?  Annabelle
17. When I grow up I want to be? A Mom
18. What was your favorite part of school?  Having Fun
19. What are you going to miss most about school?  My teacher
20. What did you learn the most about?  Math, the time, art

No comments: