The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Charlie's 4th Birthday Party

This year I decided Charlie needed an actual birthday party.  From the second Kendall could speak she was asking to invite friends to her future birthday parties but Charlie just really hasn't seemed to care.  So he kinda just got jipped on his own birthday parties outside of a joint family gathering after Kendall's parties. But not this year! He asked for a dinosaur party with his friends so that is what he got!  And since Kendall was getting an extra special birthday in Disneyland, we decided to skip her friends party this year.  Although honestly, a lot of her friends were at Charlie's party since he wanted them there, so don't feel too bad for her.

We had a fossil dig with homemade fossils the kids and I made, a brontosaurs ring toss, face painting (by amateur me), pin-the-tail on the T-rex and dino coloring plus lots of snacks and of course, CAKE!  I loved watching Charlie get so excited when his friends arrived and watching them play together was such a joy.  And since we did the party at home I found it easier to relax a bit.  After the kids party ended the family came over for lunch and to celebrate both kids birthdays.  We were sadly missing some of the cousins but that's what happens with summer birthdays and busy social schedules!  The day was a blast and I'm so happy Charlie got a little of the spotlight :)

I had planned to make Charlie's shirt but for some reason could not find a reasonable plain shirt in his size anywhere!  So I found this dino shirt and was at least able to add the "Dinofour" to it. Thank you Sharpie and Puff Paint!
Dino Tracks

Dino cakes
And I'm pretty proud of the cake I made :) . I almost didn't want to cut into it but I got a sample while making it and it needed to be eaten! 
RAWR!! 
Kendall was the only one of the big kids that wanted her face painted!

I LOVED doing these dinosaurs! Too cute!
Lining up for Pin-the-tail on the T-Rex
Buddies!!! 
Family gift opening time.  Cousins are the best helpers :)
Her face!!  Side note - I'm taking notes on what they got. I promise I was paying attention!
More treats! Sorbet per Kendall's request

No comments: