Roosevelt held their first Variety Show, thanks to a very devoted parent willing to tackle the task, and a very supportive principal that has been all about all the extra circulars the PTA has thrown at her. Next year the school may try and tackle a play, but for now this was perfection! The kids were really excited about preforming so they had no trouble filling the spots for the show. I was pretty blown away that Kendall said she wanted to sing A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman, since she has been insanely shy about doing anything performance related in front of people these days. She was really into it and asked her friend Brody if he wanted to sing with her in the show. After their first rehearsal they added in friend Naomi and decided that they wanted to sing acapella :) . They did SO amazing and I can't get over how great their timing was together, especially considering they didn't get to practice too much together before the show.
All of the kids that preformed blew me away! I got to help wrangle kids backstage and snuck a peak at their performances from behind the curtain. Most were pretty nervous before stepping out on stage but you would have never known it once they were out there. Their creativity and bravery was a joy to watch. My face literally hurt from smiling watching them. I may have even shed some tears watching a few of them, especially Kendall's buddy Joey who brought the house down with his tap performance. Such a fun night for all and I'm so proud of all these kids!!
Kendall's trio of singers
I love them!!!
Hooray Roosevelt!
No comments:
Post a Comment