The kids both celebrating birthdays recently, and even though life has be extra crazy these past few months (I swear I'll get caught up on blogs eventually!), we still managed to have at least a little birthday fun. I'll post about each below...
Charlie! Charlie turned 5 on May 31st. Everything out of his mouth now is "well, I can do that now because I'm five." or "five year olds are too old for ____ now". He's still our same old silly boy, even with the new five year old title. Charlie is incredibly smart and has an amazing memory. His teacher loved to tell us how much he blew her mind each day with his comprehension and retention for information. He takes after Daddy and has an amazing ability to build, take apart and rebuild things. You can see his little brain working every time he picks up a ytyoy - figuring out how it works. I love watching him put together lego sets! He's very goofy and loves to make us laugh. He's got THE best dance moves. He never stops talking and his imagination is starting to explode. He loves his sister, even though he loves to make her crazy sometimes, and Rocky is still his best friend. He is becoming more and more independent each day but almost never turns down a snuggle session. He is stubborn and very strong willed, but sweet and caring. And we adore him!!
Stats -
Height: 3' 6.75" (38%) compared to last year 3' 4.25" (34%)
Weight: 37 lbs 3oz (25%) compared to last year 34 lbs 3oz (16%)
Last night as a 4 year old
FIVE
One year before
Kendall! Miss Kendall is officially 8 years old. Yikes! This girl has gotten even more compassionate and empathetic in the "old age", which is hard to believe is even possible. She almost always puts other peoples needs before her own, almost to a fault (which we are working on). She loves to read and made a pretty large jump this year in school. She is very inquisitive and asks the most amazing questions. I love the times when it's just the two of us and we gab like girlfriends. She has a very silly sense of humor and loves to get us laughing. But she has become more reserved when it comes to dancing in front of people. I hope she lets go a little with that so she can just be her at group events. She has discovered a love for singing and music though, and even preformed in front of a very large crowd of people with no problem! She loves her brother, even when being annoyed by him, and I can see she will be a big protector of him for years to come. She is still very much our little "mama" and seems happiest when she gets to help with other's little ones. She makes friends easily and even though she is very sad to leave her school (as am I), I have no doubt she will find her place quickly at the new one. She is smart, and sassyy, has mastered the eye-roll and her attempts at negotiation with us is a terrifying peak into her teenage years... but is such an amazingly wonderful kid!
Stats -
Height: 4' 5.75" (96%) compared to last year 4' 2.5" (91%)
Weight: 63lbs 8oz (80%) compared to last year 58lbs 8oz (79%)
Last night as a 7 year old - but wow looking so much older here!!
EIGHT!
One year ago
What big kids!
We had a mini going away/birthday park play date for the kids last weekend back in Redwood City. Here are some photos from their fun day
Play time before the friends arrived
Snacks for days!

























No comments:
Post a Comment