The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Pooh or Not Pooh?

Have I ever told you about Charlie's lovey pooh? Actually, not pooh.  This is similar to a "who's on first" story so hang with me. Charlie has been pretty attached to what was baby Kendall's Winnie the Pooh lovey since birth.  I decided to order a second one for emergency situations.  When it arrived we could see it was a little different from the original Pooh - it obviously wasn't as worn so the colors were brighter and his head was a little bigger - but Charlie was still really little so we didn't think he would notice.  As soon as he could talk, anytime we tried to pull a Pooh lovey switch, Charlie would immediately tell us "NOT pooh!" I'm not sure when exactly, but all of a sudden he was requesting both Pooh's at bed time.  The he would ask for just one Pooh and when we gave it to him he would say "not Pooh!". Uhhhh this is pooh buddy?  "No. NOT Pooh!"  Yea, I don't understand, this IS Pooh?  We eventually caught on that "not Pooh" was his name for the replacement Pooh!  This little charade has confused Grandparents, baby sitters, Aunts and Uncles.... Pretty funny when I say it now. Anyways, Charlie is still very hooked on "Not Pooh" and I still get a good giggle when he corrects someone that makes a comment about is Pooh bear. Always, DUH. That is NOT POOH, not POOH!!!


No comments: