The first day of distanced learning school was so long ago I can barely remember. I'm sure it was the same as everyone else's so I won't go into too much detail. We got the play room more turned into a class room, got computers purchased and set up, supplies taken care of, water bottles filled and held our breathe for a great first day. Instead of our daily walk to school, we did a few loops around the cul-de-sac to get the blood flowing. The kids did fantastic during their zoom classes, and managed to play nicely, and without additional screen time!, during breaks and after school was over. Actually, the first week weeks they played with so many untouched toys it felt like Christmas had just happened! I moved myself out of my office to supervise from our old kitchen table, which up until recently I stayed at. But Hooray for being back in my office!! They missed seeing friends, making new ones and actually meeting their teachers, but it really was a great first day of school in the end!
And school break arts and crafts
Yearly school questionnaire - the past year is in the parentheses
Kendall:
1. How old are you? 9 (8)
2. How much do you weight? 75 Pounds (About 63.5 pounds)
3. How tall are you? 4'8.75" (4' 5.75")
4. What is your favorite food? Sushi, avocado (Salmon, Lemons, Limes, quesadillas and Pasta)
5. What is your favorite snack? White yogurt raisins (Peanut butter pretzels)
6. What is your favorite color? Blue (Blue, orange, pink and purple)
7. What is your favorite toy? The tv - electronics. The Pool. And my dolls. (Barbies)
8. What is your favorite song? Oh Geeze! That is a really hard question... a bigillion (Do You Remember by Native Elements (Mike and my wedding song))
9. What is your favorite book? That is another hard question. Percy Jackson Series, The Babysitters Club Series, Rebel Girls Books. I don't know! (Who Is JK Rowling)
10. What is your favorite Sport? Baseball (Swimming)
11. What is your favorite tv show? Glee (Tic Tac Toy)
12. What is your favorite movie? Hamilton & High School Musical (Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone)
13. Who is the coolest person on Earth? Everybody (Lexi, Stella, Alex)
14. Who is your best friend? Lyla, Naomi, Lexi (Naomi, Leah and Lyla)
15. What is the thing you do the most awesomely? Swim (Play with my friends)
16. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Kendall - I'd keep it the same. I like my name. (Alice)
17. When I grow up I want to be? A mom and a teacher (A mom and a teacher)
18. What are you most excited about when you start the school year? Learning new things especially History. (Making new friends)
19. What are you most nervous/scared about when starting the school year? Trying to make new friends with distance learning. (Making friend)
20. What are you most excited to learn about? History (Math)
Charlie:
1. How old are you? 6 (5)
2. How much do you weight? 42 pounds (About 37 pounds)
3. How tall are you? 3' 10.25" (3' 7.25")
4. What is your favorite food? Mac and Cheese. Pizza I mean. (Mac and cheese)
5. What is your favorite snack? Chips (Gold fish)
6. What is your favorite color? Golden (green)
7. What is your favorite toy? That's a hard one. My track with my cars. Actually magnatiles! (The big Mac – I miss that mac (It’s name was Max and we donated the one he is talking about since he touched it like twice?))
8. What is your favorite song? Life is a Highway (Life is a Highway)
9. What is your favorite book? My lightening McQueen Book. But his go to is Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site (The dragon book Miss Roseanne gave me)
10. What is your favorite Sport? Soccer (Hockey)
11. What is your favorite tv show? Mario (Masha and Bear)
12. What is your favorite movie? Cars 1 (Cars)
13. Who is the coolest person on Earth? My friends (The other Charlie (who he met today at his new after school care place))
14. Who is your best friend? Kathen (Charlie from Action Day)
15. What is the thing you do the most awesomely? Play (Play)
16. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Hot Chocolate (Macaroni)
17. When I grow up I want to be? The grim reaper (Spiderman or Mario)
18. What are you most excited about when you start the school year? I'm excited about reading better (Playing with new friends)
19. What are you most nervous/scared about when starting the school year? Nervous about making new friends (Nothing)
20. What are you most excited to learn about? Other hard site words ( Letters)














No comments:
Post a Comment