The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Recap

Since I've been big time slacking on my blogging I need to do a big recap of the last month or two (if I can remember that far back!). Mike and I attending 2 more weddings since I last wrote and both were a blast. They were back to back weekends and happen to be the hottest weekends EVER but we managed to get through it. I don't know how the men in the bridal party stayed in their tuxes so long! Congrats to Mike and Steph and Christian and Kristine!
At some point some point during my absence there was the San Mateo County Fair (Aug? yikes!). One of my favorite groups from my past, Boys II Men, preformed and I finally got the chance to see them live! We waited in an insane line for well over an hour and barley made it in before they were at capacity! It was totally worth it! They were amazing and we had a GREAT time reliving our middle school days!
We took advantage of the last few free summer events in Redwood City and I'm really sad to see them go. The last music in the square is next Friday and then they are officially over. You should all come to that by the way! Michael Jackson cover band called Neverland that is amazing! I'm sure I blogged about them before.
Mike and I headed up to Sacramento for a weekend to celebrate Dan and Lacey's engagement. We had a great time and it was nice to meet more of Dan's family. Everyone seems so great! It was also wonderful to spend time with my other in-laws I never get to see, Ryan and Adriane (sorry if I spelt your name wrong!). We headed out pretty early Sunday morning to check out some wedding locations on the way home. Nick, a Cope cousin, told Mike and I about this garden setting in Berkley. We made it one of our last stops and fell in love! We went back with my mom on the following Tuesday to ask questions and check it out again and I booked it the next day! Wedding location, check! It's called the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park and couldn't be more perfect!
The weekend after that we had our yearly family vacation up to Dunsmiur. We had the biggest turn out to date and had a wonderful time as usual. It was great to catch up with my long lost cousins and family members and or course to get in some more Gavin time. There were lots of fish caught, lots of food eaten and lots of memories made. I look forward to it all year long!
Finally this past weekend I had my 10 year high school reunion. Mike did not join me since I have party/bar A.D.D. and would have left him in my tracks the whole night. A group of high school friends I have stayed close with and I met up before hand to catch up and have a "get rid of the gitters" cocktail. Once we arrived at the reunion we were greeted with lots of smiling familiar faces. I immediately took off running around saying hi and having mini catch up sessions with as many people as I could. It wasn't a huge turn out but I was more than happy with the people that were there. I think all of us had a great time and will be talking about it for a while. I'm so happy I decided to go and that my friends let me drag them along with me.
I also co-hosted a family baby shower for Larry and Tammy on Sunday. It was one hot day but ended up being perfect in the shade of the "easy-ups" we put up. We had tons of food and all the kids had a blast playing with the PE equipment one of the other hosts brought from her school. Tammy was really happy with it which of course was all that mattered to us!
Ok now that I've caught you all up I'm going to try and not fall back again! Write more soon!

3 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Wow! What a recap! You are one busy lady!

Jamie and Scott said...

you are a busy lady..how are you going to plan a wedding?

Mama Michelle said...

Wow! I guess this means I have to try and go back to the beginning of the summer and try to remember if I did anything embarrassing - I mean fun...
Seriously -you are way too busy to be only one person -are you sure you're not twins..(those run in our family you know...) Maybe you should get a DNA test to check...;)