The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby Bowen's Baby Shower

This past Saturday I hosted, with amazing help from Cary & Vicky, a co-ed shower to celebrate the soon arrival of Karen's little boy. Luckily my awesome parents let us borrow their house and the weather could not have been better so we were able to spend most of the day outside. I panicked for a bit when trying to figure out how to host a co-ed shower. I didn't want to over do the cuteness factor for the guys and still wanted some oooohhhh and ahhhhhhing for the girls. Karen and Jon are doing a sports theme (primarily Giants) for their little boy so I thought a sports themed (think Super bowl party) day event would work well. With a few games and cooing over gifts of course :) Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Some of the girls hanging out
The Four Prego's - Me: June 21st, Michelle: June 18th, Stacy: March 4th, Karen: Febuary 18th
Vicky baked these adorable, and YUMMY, cookies! She made baseball cookies to give away as the favors too :)
Games: This one is Stroller NASCAR. We made the guys run an obstacle course with a stroller that held a "baby". When the clock started they had to put the baby in the stroller (love how almost all of them put it in upside down!) run the course and when they crossed the finish line I stopped the clock. If the baby fell out they were disqualified and for every cone they hit it took a second off their time. John Sandy (Mandy's boyfriend) won, even though he protested doing it at first!
Mike added the challenge of running the course with a beer in hand. More real life apparently LOL!
Check out Matt's cheering squad!
Next game was baby toss (think Egg toss). I bought these little tiny, and super weird looking (look at everyone checking them out!!), babies for people to throw back and forth, moving further and further away until only one "couple" remained without dropping it. Mike and John Sandy (again!) won this one.


Gift Time! Fear the Beard!! SO cute!
Diaper Cake made by Karen's old coworker
Parents to be with some of the guests
And with Mom - Karen's 2nd mother :)
Pooped Guys at the end of the Party - Why they are so tired I have no idea!

2 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

What a great idea! Love the stroller nascar to get the guys involved!

Jamie and Scott said...

looks like a great shower! you are so creative!