The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Monday, September 12, 2011

5th Annual Fun Weekend

This past weekend we attending our 5th Annual Fun Weekend! Even though this particular group of high school friends all lives fairly close together we still find it hard to get together as often as we like. All of us very much look forward to this trip every year. This year we went to Lincoln and stayed at our friend Jennie's awesome house. We did the same last year to save some money and had such a good time we convinced her to have us back. We normally have some sort of activity we do on Saturday (like rafting or boating) but this year we have 3 little ones and a prego so we kept it pretty mellow. We did make it down to the river for a while on Saturday just to have a change of scenery. Even though the dynamic changed a bit this year because of the kiddo's we still had a great time and were sad when the weekend came to an end.

Kendall was her amazing little self and slept the entire car ride to and from and had no problem adjusting to the change of scenery and continued to sleep through the night all weekend. She fussed a little when I first put her legs in the pool but it grew on her quickly (she does love her baths!) and was having a blast staring at her feet through the water and watching her Tia Vicky splash around for her. I loved getting to share her adorableness with my friends and she made their day just as much as she makes mine with her talking, smiling and laughing :0)
Kendall looking adorable in her swim suit from Auntie Mandy
Jennie (and baby Jack, due on Christmas!) and Erika
Day 2, passed out but ready for the pool again
Evan LOVED the bouncer/activity center
First family Vacation! Yay!
Mike and Jackie
Evan napping in the pool :)
Little Fishy Logan
First time I've given K a bottle - Mike was inventive with shading us
Later that day at the river - too much fun for Kendall!
My first Fun Weekend! Thanks for the bib Auntie Mandy!
The whole gang minus Logan
Matt and party animal Evan
Fun weekend munchkins!

On another note, today was Kendall's first day at daycare. She did great and Michele (daycare lady) loved our little peanut. I even did pretty well leaving her with a "stranger" for the first time. It helped that she was a happy little girl when I left - although Michele almost had to push me out the door to go to work. She'll be attending daycare Monday, Wednesday and Friday from here on out. Her BFF Alex will be with her every Friday and every other Wednesday so she is very excited :

3 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I cant believe that Kendall has changed soo much! So happy we get to see you this weekend!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I am so excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks! Glad to hear that Kendall did well at daycare, I hope you did too!

Lacey said...

Glad you were able to incorporate the munchkins into your fun weekend! Im glad leaving kendall at daycare wasnt too bad, I have to go back to work next week!!