The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Kendall's Middle Name

Many of you probably already know the meaning behind Kendall's middle name (Jaime), but if you don't here it is:

Jaime was my childhood best friend. We met at Nesbit Elementary School, both lived in Redwood Shores and once we became friends we were inseparable. I have too many memories to even begin to list them on here. 18 years ago she was hit by a car while we were walking across the street to catch the bus to middle school. My world was shattered that day. She was the most incredible friend, loving daughter, amazing big sister and she was taken from us way too soon. From that day on I swore that I would honor her life by naming my future daughter after her. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Mike never questioned the decision the give our baby girl her name :)

Jaime has an incredible family that I have been fortunate enough to keep in touch with. Facebook has definitely assisted with that haha! Jaime's step mom Janet actually works at the Kaiser where Kendall was delivered and was able to meet her the day after she was born. We even got a surprise visit from one of Jaime's sisters, Lauren. This week Kendall and I popped by their house so Jaime's dad, Dwayne, could meet her as well.
Kendall meeting Dwayne for the first time
Janet and Kendall
Lauren and Kendall - Don't Lauren and her mom look like they could be sisters?? It's crazy to think that Lauren is only 4 years younger than me. She seems SO much younger when I was younger :)

No comments: