The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Alcatraz

We finally did it!  We finally made it to Alcatraz!!  It's funny how it takes out of town guests to get us to do local things that we have had access to our entire lives.  This past weekend our friends that we met on our honeymoon, Erik and Maria, were back in town.  We tried to go see Alcatraz 2 years ago when they were here but it books up so fast that we were out of luck.  This time we bought tickets well in advance so there was no excuse not to go.  It was pretty cold and overcast when we headed on the boat there but half way through the tour when we walked outside it became glorious.  We all found it really interesting and I'm so glad we finally made it.  We were starving once we got off the island and had a yummy sushi linner at Pier 39 before we headed back to Redwood City for the night.
 Baby girl all packed up and ready to board the boat.
 Maria and Erik!!
 Awaiting our instructions.
 Kendall didn't hesitate at all when we put her down in front of an open cell.
 Why I didn't ask Maria to take our picture I do not know...
 Beautiful day in the city!
 Silly girl on the boat ride back.  It was hilarious watching her try and walk all over while the boat was moving!
I refused to spend $22 for our picture, but it was so cute!  Too bad my phone took a horrible picture and caught all the glare.  I should have taken it out of the holder :(

For some reason I have gotten awful about taking pictures these days.  You'd think I'd be taking even more now that I have a kid, but nope!  Sunday we left Kendall with my mom and took Erik and Maria to Napa/Sonoma for some wine tasting.  We had a really great day.  It was gorgeous, relaxing and fun.  Mike and I were both really sad when we dropped them back at their hotel that night.  Hopefully we can plan a trip to their home turf soon!

1 comment:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

I havent been either! Definitely something to do one of these days! Glad the weather got better!