The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Yearly Dunsmuir Family Trip

Last weekend my parents, Brandi and the kids and us headed up to Dunsmuir for our yearly family getaway.  Sadly Anthony did not get to join us at all this year since he was at a fire until late Saturday, but we still managed to have fun without him.  We were very lucky and it was not half as hot as it was last year, and the house we rent got an AC unit so that helped us stay cool.  The kids had a blast playing the entire weekend, the guys did amazing fishing (Mike already smoked all the trout!) and I thought it was a pretty relaxing weekend over all.  Tons of eating, drinking and being lazy!  My kinda trip :)  It always flies by too quickly but I'm sure the next trip will be here before we know it.

K and I on the drive up
Zombie kids after the long drive.
Dancing out some energy
Watching one of the 1200 trains go by :)
Kendall was all stretched out one of the times I went to check in on her and she now takes up the entire length of the pack and play!  Good thing she sleeps balled up most of the time!
Morning Snuggles with all 3 kids!
 The girls waiting for Nonno and Daddy/Uncle Mike to return from fishing
WHOA!  Fishies!
Like Father like daughter
My dad always has some costume fun up his sleeve
One little, two little, three little Indians!
We were going to go swimming Saturday but there was suppose to be a storm passing over.  We had plenty of fun at the park even though it ended up being a gorgeous day out.
 After the park we stopped for ice cream and milkshakes.  Luckily there was a train to play on while the kids waiting for their orders to be ready.
After the park the kids took a nap, and without giving Nonnie and Nonno much of a choice, Brandi, Mike and I headed to the local brewery for some adult time :)
Silly girls playing in-front of the AC unit
Puzzle time with Nonno
and Kendall cuddle time too
We decided to let the kids watch a movie before bed, even though I think we started it at their normal bedtime.  This was the kids dancing to the movie at 9:30 at night.
Sunday we went to Lake Siskiyou up in Mt. Shasta.  The lake was surprisingly warm and I loved the surroundings.  If the drive wasn't so far I would take us camping here in a heartbeat!
We of course needed ice cream again that day too so we headed to the general store after playing in the lake.  Kids always love these cutouts!
Mt. Shasta had very little snow :(  The lake (Shasta) looked super low too when we drove by on the way up and back.
Blow up water park!  So cool!
Me playing with Lexi's hair.  It was still a little too fine for me to do a french braid...and I've very out of practice!
Kendall LOVES Auntie B
Love this little girl!  Check out the hand on her hip pose!
Kendall playing dress up with Nonno.  He's a good sport!
Monday we tried to get the kids to burn as much energy outside before we loaded up in the cars.
This could have ended very badly but everyone stayed on their feet :)
Grandkids with Nonno and Nonnie this year...
And last year!  What a difference (at least for Kendall).  I had to steal this from Brandi because I was in shock at how little she was there!
Nonnie too some pictures Kendall being goofy on the way home.  5+ hours in the car and I think this kid talked all but 5 minutes.  Not one second of sleep!

No comments: