The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Ohhhhh Pinterest...

As most of you know I'm a total Pinterest fanatic.  I'm actually really happy it wasn't around/I didn't know about it when I planned my wedding because I can only image the added list of stuff I would have HAD to have!  I mostly use it for recipes, I would say I cook probably 2-3 meals a week off of it, but also have gotten a tons of home organization and craft ideas.  You remember Kendall's book nook from our old house?  Pinterest.  Her headband/hair clip holder?  Pinterest.  Her magnet board?  Yup - Pinterest.  Of course there are also the countless headbands/hair clips, skirts, tutu's, table runners, pillow covers, home made gifts, etc. but my latest project may be my favorite.  Enter me being bored stuck at home last weekend and pulling everything out of Kendall's closet.  

"Mike, we really need to put the stuffed animal hammock back up in Kendall's room or find something to do with all the stuffed animals that are taking up half her closet floor!"  Mike was not a fan of putting the hammock back up since then they never get played with, and he was quick to remind me that 90% of those stuffed animals were from my collection that I couldn't bare to part with (Hey!  I like my Winnie the Pooh collection ok!?).  Later that day I was scrolling through some past pins and came across the stuffed animal zoo.  YES!  This is the answer to all our problems!  "Ummm Mike?  Any chance you want to build this for me?  Today maybe?"  Man I love my husband!  I flipped K's crib so it sticks out from her wall instead of running the length of it and BOOM!  Room for the super awesome stuffed animal zoo Mike made for me without question!  I painted it to match the other decor in her room, made a "The Zoo" sign out of some wooden letters and craft paint and it was complete.  I really hope she doesn't ever get enough stuffed animals to fill it up to the top but we have the space if needed :)  Kendall had a blast helping me put all the animals in the zoo and better yet, has been playing with some that have been buried away for months on end!  Another Pinterest win!

 Kendall wanted to pose with her zoo
 HAPPY girl!
 Turned out pretty great if I do say so myself
 I had to be sure a few favorites were at the top :)
I tried to put the 53inch bear in there too but he took up most of the space.  Now that hes on the ground (he was in a chair that we just got rid of) Kendall has been cuddling with him more though.  I can picture her using him as her new reading corner :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, that kid is cute. The animal zoo is too. :)

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Love it! Great idea!