The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

10+ weeks later... The nursery!

Yes I know.  I've been writing about posting nursery pictures for at least 10 weeks now.  Even though nothing really changed in the room, I feel much better about posting them now that all of the baby stuff that was in storage is now washed/cleaned and put away IN the room.  I have a project list of gender specific touches once baby 2.0 makes his or her appearance but until then, this is the nursery/office!
The room isn't the biggest space, but I'm very happy with how things fit.  I was going to ditch the chair all together, since I only nursed Kendall in her room a handful of times, but after we left the chair there for a while it grew on me.  Once baby R becomes mobile we'll put it in storage to gain more play room :)
We (ok... I) went with a Peter Pan/nautical theme for the room.  I will be adding bunting with baby's name above the window, and possible curtains, in either pink or red depending on what baby is.
Wood dresser we got from Ikea and I painted.  I'm a nut case and even looking at this picture makes me want to do more touch ups, but over all I kind love it :)  The nobs aren't on yet because those will also be getting painted a certain way once baby's gender is revealed.
My original plan was to use that blue pillow fabric to re-cover the baskets on the changing table.  Then I received the fabric and decided it was going to be too much.  I whipped out that pillow case and just need to finish the car-seat cover with it instead.
Move-able book-nook!  It will be anchored to the wall for support but I like the idea that if/as we change the room around it can easily be moved as well.
You can fly, you can fly, you can FLY!!!!
Adorable Peter Pan fabric I found on Etsy and made into a crib skirt
I probably should have taken a picture of it before I put it on the crib.  Oh well.
Baby stuff!  It's amazing how many baby toys we had stored away of Kendall's.  Those bins are jam packed!  We also lucked out and the pack and play fits perfectly next to the cubby system. WHEW!
And that's the office part of the nursery.  See Tink above the light switch?  I'm sure I'll do something more fun with this wall later :)

2 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

I love it! You are so crafty!

Mama Michelle said...

You are so amazingly creative Trinette!
I love the nursery!