Why am I repeating this story? Well because my due date is once again on a Tuesday, I once again am feeling great and once again left work Friday thinking - I'm so coming in next week if baby isn't born! I guess people are very nervous about a 40+ week pregnant lady being in the office because everyone try's to keep you away. Anyways, I decided I was just going to put it out in the world that I would once again just have my baby on Sunday. Because, you know, I have some super power that can make me do that, right? Well sadly all my positive thinking and over confident vibes didn't work this time since I'm sitting here with my hand on my giant pregnant belly. Did I really think I could will my way into delivering exactly when I wanted twice? No, I guess not. But can you imagine if I did!? My first stop out of the hospital would have been to but lottery tickets!
Today is week 40 :) thankfully I'm still feeling wonderful so even though I'm very ready to meet my little one, and put a proper he or she in a sentence, I'm soaking up every last second of this belly. I did go into work for a bit today and I'm not going to say I won't do the same tomorrow... But the realization that he/she will be here any time now is making me sit my butt on the couch at least a little more. I had a check up today and learned I'm 3cm dilated and almost 100% effaced so it really could be any minute that things will kick off. Talking to my friend Jen today I was saying how weird it is to actually be wishing contractions on myself knowing how much they suck. She just said, "well that's how you know you are really ready!" Great point Jen. I am ready :) Come on baby Rohrbach 2.0! I think we are all ready to meet you!

No comments:
Post a Comment