The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Potty Training

We did it! We pulled the trigger over Memorial Day weekend and went full steam ahead on potty training with Charlie.  I knew it wasn't going to go as easily as it did with Kendall - She was barely 2 and had it dialed in after two days of the three day training program.  Even though it was going to be a lot of work, not just on Charlie, and we'd miss out on lots of sunny weekend fun, we just felt it was time.  I stocked the bathroom with books, flash cards and M&M's, armed my alarm for every 20 minutes and gave all Charlie's left over diapers to Kendall to use for her baby dolls.  

Day 1 was rough and I wanted to throw in the towel (but I didn't have any left to throw since I had used them all to clean up accidents) but after Charlie's nap the tides turned and he seemed to be getting the hang of it. Day 2 appeared to be going great but once I got him pumped full of fluids we saw more accidents like the beginning of day 1. But, not awful. Day 3 we had only 2 accidents the entire day!  Charlie had zero accidents the entire week at daycare (a few at home) and then... we did a road trip. Enter a big back slide the week following. But great news is he's back on track and we haven't even needed pull-ups at nap or bed!  HOORAY for being Potty Trained!!!  Next up, big boy bed!  Maybe... I'm not quiet ready :)

Note the coffee for mom
I got some adorable naked baby butt pictures but I'll save those for his 18th birthday slide show
Day 3 and sporting his new Blaze undies


No comments: