The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Kendall's Science Experiment Birthday Party

Every year I think, this is the year we'll have a small party. Just a few friends and cousins. Well, since Kendall has 7 1st cousins alone, and has her moms genes of making lots of friends, that task is impossible.  Kendall's cut down list was still a billion kids so we decided to stick to our house and get creative.  We've been watching lots of science experiments on you tube lately so that seemed like the perfect fit for this party, and boy was she excited!  The kids got to run crazy and burn some energy off before we got down to business.  We had food color rain clouds, tornadoes in jars, custom made slime and the grand finale was Mike putting mentos in soda and making it explode - 3 times.  I think all the kids had a great time and it was the perfect day for an outdoor party. Once the friends left, the cousins and Aunts hung out for a while for some bonus catch up time.  It was a really really great day and I'm so happy we decided to stick with the bigger party again this year :)

I always make Mike drag this out in hopes it gets used. I even repainted it this year!
Mad scientist Charlie
Pre-experiment play
This is the 3rd year we have asked the guests to bring a book instead of a gift, and then each kid picks a book before they leave the party.  I'm very found of this tradition! 
Rain Cloud time!
Mike showed the kids what they'd be making in the blown up version
Emily's face is THE best!
Tornado instructions 
And finally, slime time!
Thank goodness for the parents because there was A LOT of kids to help!

Everyone gathered to watch mad scientist Mike
My videos won't load but these are still great!
The kids reaction to the first explosion 
Cousins!  Missing Olivia, Wyatt and EMJ

No comments: