We were extra excited for the fair this year since Kendall was getting her first taste of 4H life. And mom is very thankful it was just a taste this year since I'm not quite ready to drop everything for 10 days to spend every waking moment there. I sure that time will come though! We did go help for her clubs night to cook dinner for all of the 4Her's and to work the cake sale booth, which is one of the clubs largest fundraisers of the year. It was a great way to ease us in to 4H life :)
Kendall and I decided to enter baked goods this year (mostly for the free tickets) and we had a fantastic time baking together. Kendall did everything herself for her cake expect slice the lemons and take it out of the oven. I'm so proud of her! She received a ribbon but since she is under 8 she wasn't judged for a place position. Her comment card was pretty amazing! The only negative was the cake was a little under baked, which is totally my fault. She could care less, but I was upset that she was the only one that followed the contest rules which was to enter half a cake and a slice for judging. NO ONE else cut their cakes :( OH well, she was a happy camper and that's all that mattered.
We decided to go back a third day to just enjoy the fair. It ended up being the best decision ever because our favorite photographer, Sweet Poppy aka Carleigh, was looking for a family to shoot for some lifestyle photos. So to top off our family fun night, we got to hang with her and take some crazy awesome photos! We've gotten a sneak peak and needles to say I'M IN LOVE. You know I'll share them once we have them :)
My little baker! At least one of us got a baking gene
Fair play time fun
Chloe hanging with her goats
Butterfly Room
Our little cake selling pro
All of the families from each club donated mostly home made baked goods to sell. While we were working one of the clubs dropped off 30 cakes! That is support right there!
Rides after our fun photo-shoot
Silly kiddos
I got Charlie set up on this ride and was walking out the gate and ran into our friend Pete. He had run off, I was talking to another long long friend and when I look back at the car I see Pete and Bri's daughter, who I haven't seen in FOREVER, happened to get put into Charlie's car. Such a small world!
No comments:
Post a Comment