The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Big girl!

Here are some of Kendall's latest "big girl" accomplishments!

Kendall really loves to stand. If I put her standing on the couch she could stay there on her own for minutes at a time! She does cheat a little and gets her tiny butt in the fold of the cushion though ;)
My blue eyed baby with one of her winter hats I've been dying to put her in
Saturday we took our first walk with K in the stroller like a big girl (no car-seat!) She loved being able to look out at everything - especially Hanna
I love that they are looking at each other :) We went for a little over 3 mile walk and Kendall fought falling asleep up until the last half mile or so.
Kendall's first green beans! She ate a few bites with no problem at all and then all of a sudden decided she didn't like them anymore lol!
Totally fine....
Icky mommy!! I ended up mixing the rest with some rice cereal and continued to do that a few days after. I switched back to plain old green beans 2 nights ago and no more icky face :)
Sunday we ran a zillion errands to get the house back in order after friendsgiving. Kendall has been napping like a big girl in her crib and all the in and out of the car kept interrupting her naps. On the way home from getting our Christmas tree she passed back out and ended up sleeping in her car-seat for over an hour. I couldn't bare to disturb her! We were also able to take out the infant extra headrest insert because she was too crammed in the seat with it. I really hope she doesn't outgrow (length wise) the infant seat too quickly!
This is Kendall helping with Christmas decorations. Can't you tell? The only "toy" she wants to play with is Hanna bear! I had reindeer antlers on them both but didn't get any pictures. I'm sure I'll torture them both more again and go camera happy :)
My two baby girls! (How sweet is this picture!?)
Kendall's first Christmas Tree!!

Another "big girl" thing is that K is doing now is she has discovered her voice. She's always been a talker but she REALLY talks now! She wakes up talking, talks the entire car ride, talks in her high chair, talks on the floor... I swear I heard her singing the other morning (la la la)! I wonder where she gets this constantly talking thing from??


Kendall also moved up to her 6 month clothes. Her 3 month pants were getting too short, even though they fit her in the waist. I spent one night after we put her to bed tacking all her 6 month pants in about an inch so at least they'll stay on her. I had to leave some of her 3 month onesies in her drawer for the time being because I'm just not ready to give them up yet (although all her new clothes are so cute I doubt I'll put her in them!).

3 comments:

Lacey said...

How do they get so big so fast!! Love the pics of her and Hanna, they are so cute together! Cant wait to see that little munchkin this weekend!!

Mama Michelle said...

Loved hanging out with you guysthis past weekend! Kendall is looking more and more like a little girl istead of an infant. It's all moving so fast!! Austin and Kendall will be in Preschool before we know it!

Mama Michelle said...

one other funny thing! In the first pic of Kendall standing on the couch - at first glance it looks like she has a little purse slung over her shoulder - ready to shop already!