The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cinco De Drinko... uhh Mayo!


Oops!  I forgot to post this!  Just found it in my drafts :)

The morning of Cinco de Mayo a small group of us meet up for some morning volleyball at EA in Redwood Shores.  After a quick breakfast we got down to it.  Kendall got to play in the sand for the first time and seemed to really like it.  The first 15 minutes of her sitting in it was spend just running the sand through her fingers.  Then she managed to get a few mouthfuls down before I put her in her stroller for her morning nap (and so I could play some volleyball too).
 
Happy Baby!
Can't play volleyball on an empty stomach!
oooooh sand!
Such a beautiful day!

After we had our fill of physical activity we all headed home to shower then headed over to Cary and Lucas' house for our annual Cinco de drinko celebration.  There was talk of us going camping in Half Moon Bay instead but the weather on the coast was going to be crappy so GT and Brewer decided they'd just camp out in Carcus' backyard :)  We had a great day full of food, friends, corn-hole, babies and beer.  When it started to get chilly out Lucas decided to pull up the fake grass in the backyard and make a giant fire pit so we could roast marshmallows.  I was impatient and made Victoria make us oven smores - which I highly recommend you make because they are heaven!! (http://www.theaprongal.com/2011/11/baked-smores.html) 

Cheers to a very successful cinco de drinko!!
These are margarita jello shots that I made for the party.  They are in actual lime rinds.  Pretty cool right?  I will NEVER be making these again in the rind because it was way too much work to gut the limes and my fingers still hurt.  I will however use oranges and regular jello when Kendall gets older.  Oranges should be easier, right?  :)
Blondes and babes (the blondes are babes too!)
GT...always prepared!
Alex looking extra adorable
Auntie Vik!
The girls chasing each other around in the tent.
Best Friends from birth!
Alex was trying to pull herself up on Evan and he kept looking at Karen like, mom!  What is this thing doing to me!??
 hehe :)
Wrestling time!  Poor Evan!
Michelle, Elsie and Vicky
Evan and Karen :)
Hanging out is tough work.  Kevin needed a nap. (to be continued..)
Lucas and his baby girl
Kevin's nap take 2.  Brewer thought it was time for him to get up.
The boys watching UFC... and Kevin napping take 3!  (Maybe, it's hard to tell with the glasses on)
Cary and I doing some leg work outs with the girls.  The started holding hands :) :)
The beautiful Jen with my beautiful daughter
Cutie pie Evan drinking his milk
Kevin's nap take 4!  hehe!
Kendall loves her Auntie Cary!
Colin - Fire master
Cary and Collin
It was a little out of control at first....
so we kept the kids at a distance.
I tied to take a family picture but Kendall couldn't stop staring at the cool fire.
 Michelle, Alex, Sarah and Brewer
The Bowen's
Me and my amazing daughter and God-daughter
Pile the kids on Trinette time!
Sarah took this picture on her phone.  It's awesome!
This poor girl was SO tired.  She was a good sport playing with Lucas - even if she did slap him in the face ;)

1 comment:

Jamie and Scott said...

Those lime shots look great! Next time we are all together you could make the baked smores for us. those look awesome. I just might have to try the recipe!