My goodness, where to start? How about with the details? People joked that I've been planning her party since she was born, but in reality I probably started all the details just before Mother's Day. Those who know me well know that I'm a nut case and tend to go a wee bit overboard with party throwing :) I just think I'm happier in general when I have something big to plan. Anywho... I choose a Minnie Mouse/Mickey Mouse theme for Kendall's party since that is her nursery decor and, well, I just like Disney! I made a super cute, time consuming banner (pic to come - I think my mom got one before the wind destroyed it completely), cupcake toppers, framed signs to place around the party, threw together a photo album, completed as much of her baby book as I could to date, note cards so people could leave K a message, rice crispy treats in the shape of Mickey for goodie bags, made her skirt, shirt, headband, Minnie hair clips for all the girls and my favorite thing EVER... the Minnie and Mickey cut out for people to take pictures behind. Oh yea, and cooked and baked for 65+ people. I loved every second :)
Minnie hair clips
I think I like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse more than Kendall does! Hot Diggity Dog!
Favors for the kids - We've got ears (for the boys anyways) say cheers!
I had so much fun making this!
The party was a huge success and I think everyone had a great time. It was a HOT day but thankfully there was a breeze and shade to keep us all sane. Kendall was an angel all day and got spoiled beyond belief. I'm pretty sure her favorite part of the day was getting her cake. I've only seen one kid go as nuts on a cake as she did (Liam) and it was a blast to watch. I made a 9 inch round cake and she would have eaten the entire thing if we let her! Piggy!! It was a blast watching all the little ones play together. A very big thank you to my parents for helping out with food and all of the set up and clean up, the Ridings' for chopping tons of watermelon and to the rest of our family and friends for being part of Kendall's big one year celebration! How lucky are we to have such amazing people in our lives?? Let the picture overload begin...
Kendall and Gavin slow dancing... I mean hugging
Lisa and Jen
Brandi and Lacey. Don't they both look amazing!?
Austin playing with rope-a-dope
Vicky and Ben
Ben and Alicia (Brand new home owners by the way!!)
Uncle Mike, Aunt Lex and Heather (Steven had to work)
Kendall going for a walk with Aunt Noreen
The brother
Nikki and Katie
Aunt Debbie and Katie
Mike, grill master!
Levi, Alexis and Andrew
K and Tam
God Momma!
mmmmm food! Hamburgers, hot links, hot dogs, BLT pasta salad, Potato Salad, green salad, watermelon and baked beans.
Lacey, Dan and adorable little Austin (next to turn one!)
Evan, Karen and Jon
Lexi thought Kendall's lunch looked yummy (and yes, our child eats that much!)
Aunt Judy, Uncle Ray, Mom/Nonnie, Grandma, Aunt Lex and Uncle Mike
Grandma Fran, Aunt Noreen, Stephanie, Matt and Gramps
Bri, Chris, Pete, Tam and Liam
Lisa, John and Jen
Aunt Debbie, Emily, Olivia, Cody, Grandpa and Uncle Tom
All my munchkins (Kendall's cousins!) Emily, Olivia, Lexi, Gavin and Austin
LOVE this picture!!
Just hanging out relaxing :)
Cutie Pie Nicholas
Alicia, Victoria and Vicky
Katie and Nicholas
Nonno with his youngest grandchild
Birthday cake time!!
She couldn't be bothered for a picture
Full handfuls. The only way to eat rainbow cake.
Look how much she ate! I had to finally take it away!
Mommy, give it back!
Austin and Emily sharing :)
The Van Zants, The Given's, The Phipps and part of the Shanahan's
So many gifts!
All the cousins wanted in on the action.
Minnie clip and ears :)
Tackle!!
Karen and her little man.
Kendall and her Tia Vicky
"Photo booth" pictures!! I'm actually a little bummed I didn't get more pics of this :(
The passed out princess once we got home :)

3 comments:
Such great times! You throw one heck of a party!! and wow you actually got a lot of photo booth pics!
I wish I had just been able to fly up for the day!! SOOO wish I had been there!
I love all of the pictures -especially your Mickey/Minny cutout pics!! LOVE THEM!
Kisses to Kendall!
GramaShell
That was one amazing party!! We all had a blast and more importantly it looked like Kendall did too!!
Post a Comment