Our office decided to close on Martin Luther King Jr. Day and since I was planning on bringing Kendall into daycare anyways (so I could get some house stuff done HA HA) I accepted my buddy Bob's invite to go flying with him. I'm not a fabulous flyer even on big commercial flights so I was pretty nervous about flying in a tiny 4 passenger plane. I wasn't nervous about my safety, I fully trust Bob, but more nervous that I was going to have some full blown claustrophobic panic attack mid-flight. Boy was I wrong! That little plane just floated off the ground and once we were up in the air I was so mesmerized by the sites that i didn't think twice about the fact that I was in a plane. He decided to take us to Reno for lunch and we got the most amazing view of the Sierra Mountains and Lake Tahoe! After a relaxing and delicious lunch at Great Basin Brewery (no Bob did not drink) we were back in the plane flying home. It was really cool flying over places so familiar and being able to point out important things to us (Look! There's my brothers house!). Bob treated me to a bay tour on the way home so we got to fly over the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. It was honestly one of the best experiences I've had to date. The whole trip took less than 6 hours including lunch! I owe a Big huge thanks to Bob for taking me out and showing me that little plane flight is not scary at all. Actually, I don't know how I will ever be able to fly commercial again.... :)
Bob and Heather's plane
Somewhere shortly after take off - maybe around Livermore?
Propeller!
Entering the Snow :)
Aww Tahoe - My home away from home
What a perfect day!
Flying back home. I love that this pictures looks like we are flying at sunset, but it was probably around 3:30.
Sausalito
Golden Gate ahead!
Bob got some way better pictures with his nice fancy camera :)
Bay Bridge
It was also pretty neat getting to see the new parts of the Bay Bridge from this perspective
2 comments:
That is awesome and you are sooo brave!
What a great day! and you got to go to great basin brewery. did get the jalepeno wontons, so good!
Post a Comment