So I can finally write this post now that we have officially closed escrow on our house :) As I've hinted to in past posts, there have been some pretty major happenings in the Rohrbach household. Towards the end of last year Mike and I decided we should sell our townhouse while the market is hot. Our goal date was February 1st and after a few projects and touch ups we put the house on the market the day after Super Bowl. One weekend of open houses and a week of living like we were in a museum later, we accepted an amazing offer :) Sadly on that same day I got word that my company, Dolphin Real Estate, was closing it's doors at the end of February. All the of agents were moving to another company together but they already had staff at that location so I had to make the decision to join them strictly as a Realtor or find a new job. That was a lot to take in in one day!
Cut to beginning of March and I had a job offer from an amazing Realtor I've knows since I started with Dolphin 12 years ago. I'm really excited about working for him and loving the new location which is even closer to home and daycare. We will also be moving offices in the next month or so, so I'm not getting too comfortable yet :)
We had a few hiccups with the sale of our home which prevented us on getting a jump on a new place to live as quickly as we would have liked, but once all contingencies were removed from our buyer we found on a house to rent that we are in love with. We are planning on renting for a year or so until we can save up a little more money and be able to purchase a house we can really see ourselves living in for the next 30+ years. We are remaining in Redwood City, which was a huge goal of ours, the house has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and a HUGE yard (the best part!!). We are going to move in next weekend and the entire family can not wait! We took Hanna and Kendall over there Monday to check it out and Hanna was running and jumping all over the yard while Kendall just laughed. Kendall picked out which room she wants and was already having fun running laps throughout the house.
I would not recommend to anyone changing jobs and selling/moving houses at the same time, but fresh starts are good right? :)
Some pictures of our townhouse for those who never got to see it....
Before we moved we took out a few things to "de-clutter" some. Downstairs we touched up some paint, finally took down the virtcal blinds, which we hated, and put up curtains and I made some fabric covers in the kitchen to cover the gap between the cabinets and the ceiling.
I also made a table runner and pillow covers to tie in the new curtain colors :)
This is the half bath which is downstairs.
Full bath upstairs. Mike put up some wainscoting on the bathroom ceiling, which we LOVE.
The famous Lazy "shoe-zan" every women is jealous of :)
We finally decided to build a head-board for our bed (I've had the material for at least a year) and we just changed up the lighting a bit in our master.
And the room I'm the most sad about leaving... :(
But it's ok! I already have her new room planned out :)
And now a few pictures of the new place (well the yard at least)!
Yes, I stole a picture off google earth lol!
And now a few pictures of the new place (well the yard at least)!
Yes, I stole a picture off google earth lol!
Mike has already started seeds to plant a huge garden in the yard :)
Where's Kendall?

















4 comments:
Sooo happy for you guys and we can't wait to see it!
wow that's a lot but it looks like you made some good decisions. The rental looks great. Good luck moving!
So many huge life changes!! So excited for you all, heres to hoping for a smooth transition!!
WOWZERS!!! Friendsgiving is going to be off the hook this year LOL So glad you found a great place for Kdol and Hanbanna to play together in the yard. Looking forward also to your first WW LOL LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Post a Comment