Last weekend we met the Bowen's at Fairyland in Oakland. It's a small amusement park that was built in the 50's and is best for kids under 8 years old. There are lots of places to explore and run around, some rides, puppet shows and animals. The kids had a blast chasing each other around and I think their favorite part was sliding down the hill on cardboard. They even got to feed an Alpaca that was being walked around the park. We only stayed for a few hours so we could get home for nap time and the Bowen's could hit up the pumpkin patch, but it was a great day. Kendall is still talking about it!
Kendall playing with the Wizard of Oz Characters
Watching the puppet show
Waiting for one of the rides.
I thought Kendall was waiting patiently until she ran up in front of all the other kids and tried to hop on! Crazy child!
Can you tell this ride was built in the 50s?
Train ride around the park
Inside the Whales Mouth looking at fish
Having fun sliding down the hill! Kendall mastered the art of holding up the front of the cardboard to go faster :) I think Karen got some better pictures.
2 comments:
I have been wanting to go there. I use to go on field trips there when I was little.
Looks like so much fun!!
Post a Comment