The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Monday, May 9, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Yup, it's already been a year! Crazy right? Mike had to work on Saturday so I got to be lazy and hang out with some girlfriends during the day but once Mike got home it was celebration time! We watched a movie at home then headed to a late dinner at Town, one of my favorite (but way to expensive to go all the time) spots. We had a delicious dinner and our super cute waitress even gave us free dessert as a congratulations. We took it to go since we had some wedding cake to dig into (plus it was bread pudding which I know my mom loves so I passed it along to her). Once we digested a little bit from dinner we cut into our top layer of wedding cake and shared a slice. It was surprisingly pretty good for being frozen for the past year!
Us after our dinner at Town
Following tradition and eating our cake 1 year later
It's very hard to take a self portrait of us cutting the cake with this belly in the way :)
Sunday morning we headed up to Sonoma/Santa Rosa area to start our actual celebration. I had booked a trip to Safari West for us but thought it would be a great idea to stop at a couple breweries for Mike along the way. We had an appetizer and Mike had some beer at Ale Works before it was time to head on our real adventure. Safari West was better than I could have imagined! Everyone should go! It's a 3-3.5 hour long animal tour with a little bit of walking and a lot of driving around and into animal enclosures. We got to sit on the top of the truck the full trip :) My favorite part was the Giraffes since one came RIGHT up to us. He was raised at the SF zoo and loves people so he was looking to get some love - even rubbed his head against our driver as she got out to open one of the enclosures. Mike and I could have so easily pet him but they frown upon that. We went into 3 different enclosures and learned so much about all these amazing animals. I was a little concerned about the bumpiness of the ride for my belly but it really wasn't bad at all. After we left our Safari we headed back into town and had dinner at the Russian River Brewery. Super yummy pizza and Mike enjoyed more beer :)
Here comes Dozer (as in Bulldozer) to say hello to us
No zoom needed! This is how close he got!
Momma and "baby"
A different kind of giraffe (we were inside their enclosure)
Husband and Wife Rinos!
These cattle had the largest horns! They looked like they could hardly hold their heads up
Pregnant Zebra belly! There were 2 ready to pop.
This huge male was not happy to see us when we came in his enclosure. Apparently if one of these guys gets angry and charges, they all will! So we hung out for a while until he passed and went back to his heard.
These guys remind me of The Lion King. Just picture hundreds of them running down the hillside (the super sad part when Mufasa dies). Mike got good video of them fighting each other that I'll try and post below.
Us at the end of the tour
And then walking out we saw these adorable guys
Thank you for all the well wishes and congratulations we got over the weekend! We've had a GREAT year and I have a feeling this one will be even better :)

Ok I left the video uploading since 4 yesterday and it's not working, so oh well!

2 comments:

Jamie and Scott said...

Wow one year already! I can't believe that, congrats! That animal adventure looks awesome. Wish we would have done that. I think this year will be great for you guys! Congrats again!

Mama Michelle said...

One Year...how can sooo much have happened?
Next year you will be wondering the same thing, except you will have a little Rohrbach to chase fer!! It's all so exciting!! We can't wait!