This Thanksgiving we spent the day down at Stacy and Cody's house. It was just Mike's sisters and parents so it was very low key, but perfect! It was adorable watching the girls play together and I loved getting to catch up with my sister-in-laws, who I don't see nearly enough. I left the picture taking up to Jim so I only have a few of the girls playing from the day. If he sends them out I'll be sure to post more though.
The girls sitting inside the jump house while it got blown up
So happy!
Play time before we drug Kendall out of there kicking and screaming (literally!)
On Friday we had our 9th annual Friendsgiving extravaganza! We were so excited to have more space this year since we are in the new house and were probably the most prepared we have ever been. We had a great turn out as usual, with around 50 people, and all the food was to die for. I can not tell you enough how much I love this day! This year we were expecting more people than ever (sadly we had some no shows due to sickness and other family obligations) so we decided that 3 turkeys were needed. We slow roasted a 25 pounder, smoked a 23 pounder and deep fried a 17 pounder. On yea, and still had a 9 pound ham (thanks Vicky!). Thankfully it was a gorgeous clear day but it did get chilly at night. The Van Zant's let us borrow their outdoor heater though so no one seemed to mind the cold too much. It was a mellow year in comparison to last year but we still managed to go through 10+ gallons of the pumpkin ale, numerous bottles of wine and a few other cases of beer. It was a little sad that it was over so quickly but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it next year!
Daddy, Mommy and Baby Turkeys all ready to be cooked!
The first arrivals :)
mmmmm turkey!
Look! We were there too!
Joe wanted to keep Alex company
Corn-hole in the darkness!
Alicia and Ben came from a wedding which is why she looks stunning in her hot little dress. I thought her and Bri were nuts taking their coats off but apparently they were restricting their throwing :)
Cards Against Humanity is always a hit!
Sexy socks ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment