For the end 1st grade field trip we headed to the planetarium at De Anza College. The kids had just finished their PBL (project based learning) unit on astronomy and were very jazzed to go. They were extra excited that they got to ride buses since the last few outings we've had to have parent drivers to save some money. I was not as excited about that part but thankful the driver was good to us so motion sickness stayed at bay. We had a fun picnic on the college campus before heading into our planetarium show. I think the kids did amazingly well listening to the proctor and once the lights went all the way down and the real show got started they were all in awe. It had been years since I have been to a planetarium so I very much enjoyed myself as well. Kendall talked about it for days after, which is a sure sign of a good time. I am so happy I got to join them and get to know a few of the kids a little better since I wasn't able to volunteer this past year. Now, on to 2nd grade!


My group of kids :)
Our wonderful teachers captured this gem
No comments:
Post a Comment