The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Vacation Day 3 - Universal Studios

It's been years since we've been to Universal Studios and now that the kids are a little older, and Kendall's been more interested in Harry Potter, I thought it was time to go.  I also love the cheesy tram ride and couldn't wait to see Simpson's land.  We had early entry to Harry Potter and it was pretty glorious being in a basically empty park. Because later it was PACKED! We were able to hit the two Harry Potter rides, have a butter beer (mmmmm! So good we went back for another later) and do the tram tour with no wait at all.  We spent a good amount of time in the Simpsons area before Kendall and I headed off to ride Jurassic Park since that was one of the few rides Charlie was too short for. The guys played in the little dinosaur park before heading over to Minions land so Charlie could run around in the mini water park area.  We managed to hit most all the rides (we skipped a few since Charlie couldn't go on them) and see a few of the shows before we were ready to head over to Anaheim.  The kids did great powering through the day with no stroller and I somehow escaped complete motion sickness even though 95% of the rides are simulators.  I pulled off two pump sessions in the park - during lunch and during a show - which was a first for me. I certainly got some weird looks when I removed my cover and there was no baby there!  We also met up with an adorable family that I was able to donate my first few days of milk to before we hit the road.  Thank goodness for Human milk 4 human babies :) . All in all we had a fun day but that being said, we are spoiled Disney freaks and will be more than ok not going back there for another good chunk of time.

Modeling her Harry Potter Tee
Hogwarts Express
Perfect gloomy morning sky to fit the scenery! 
First ride of the day 

And Charlie's first roller coaster!
Kendall and I went on the other Harry Potter ride while the boys walked around. This ride was INTENSE to say the least!  I made Mike go single rider once we were off because there is just no good way to describe it.  I am glad Charlie was too short because it probably would have scared him for the rest of our trip.
Hanging with Dad
Happy kids with the Butter beer
Tram time!
Simpsons land was pretty awesome! Moe's Tavern was identical to the cartoon and Mike and I got to enjoy some Duff brand beer :)
Not the boat Kendall and I were on, but a pretty cool shot Mike took.  I love that ride!!
More Dad time. 
Soaking from the water area
Nice, and rare, shot of Mike Kendall took
This is how we entertained ourselves in lines
"It's so fluffy I could die!!"
Kendall was still a little timid about going up to the stuffed animal people (her mothers daughter for sure) but Charlie was ALL about it!  So not to be shown up Kendall sucked it up each and every time this trip :)
Mike getting artsy since it was the day before Kendall's 7th birthday

No comments: