The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Back Tracking to Week 13



How far along? 13 Weeks 
Size of the Baby:  tangerine
Maternity clothes?  I’ve been jerry rigging my normal pants with a rubber band due to being really uncomfortable with them buttoned, and had one pair of a friends maternity pants that fit,  but I gave in and ordered a few pairs and am already loving life in stretchy waist jeans!
Have you started to show yet: In my opinion, yes.  I woke up yesterday with a pronounced belly that was very clear in most of my regular shirts I tried on.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Getting to be much better with less bathroom trips
Best moment this week: Not really this week but we got a surprise ultrasound at our last appointment and was able to see our little one again!  Our Dr. thought it would be too soon to hear the heartbeat externally (this was just over 11 weeks) so she just decided to do another ultrasound.  It was amazing to see how much peanut #2 has grown already and Mike was blown away when he saw it flailing its arms around in there.
Have you told family and friends:  Yup!  I gave my mom the ok to tell her friends after our last appointment and I’m sure I’ll give in and post these on my blog/facebook soon.
Miss Anything?   Spicy Tuna Rolls.  Sushi lunch with the boss isn’t the same without them.
Movement: Still random flutters when I sit down at the end of the night.  After seeing how much peanut was moving, and my dr. confirming that most 2nd time pregnancies can feel the movement way sooner, I’m a believer now!
Symptoms: My nausea is slowing – more like 50% of the time now.  I’m still tired but I haven’t felt that “I’m going to pass out walking” feeling as much.  Dizziness has begun if I get up too quickly.
Food cravings: Not really.  Power of suggestion is a wonderful thing though (those damn food commercials!) 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still the smoke smell, amongst other random things. I’m afraid I won’t be able to eat smoked meat for a while 
Gender prediction: Nope
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Emotions: content   
Nursery:  I’ve got everything ready to order!  Making myself wait a few more weeks but I think I may tackle that room of junk very soon.
Looking forward to: My belly to truly pop so I can stop feeling like I just look “fat”.  (yes I know how vein I sound). I ready to rock the bump! 

My babies holding pictures of our newest baby!
 Peanut #2 at just over 11 weeks - See it waiving to you?
 A bit alien like at this point, but so cool how much you can see!
12 weeks
I have an app that allows you to take pictures of yourself every day (which I'm lucky if I do twice a week) and it puts it into a video for you - like a flip book of watching your belly grow!  At some point I'll have to remember to have Mike snap a picture of me though.
 13 weeks
 14 weeks

1 comment:

Jamie and Scott said...

Wow! Congrats! I was surprised when I saw the blog.
We can't wait to see you and your family next weekend.