The Rohrbach's

We have a crazy life, filled with the best friends and family possible, and love every minute of it!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

16 weeks - Good Bye Nausea and Hello Belly!

(I have no idea why the white box is showing up and it won't let me turn it off!  grrr...)


How far along? 16 Weeks 
Size of the Baby:  Avocado (or a grenade if you follow Pregnant Chicken's postings)
Maternity clothes? Fore Sure!  And loving it!
Have you started to show yet: Yes.  Especially at the end of the day when my belly seems to triple in size.  I wake up every morning thinking, where did my belly go?
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Man I love sleep!  I do not need to nap as much thankfully but when night comes I can not wait to climb into my 2 down comforter, flannel sheet, pillow surrounded heaven of a bed.  Mike broke out my “boyfriend” pillow last week for me.  I missed it so!


"boyfriend" pillow
Best moment this week:  Waking up one day and feeling like myself again!  Good bye nausea (for the most part), good bye laziness (again, for the most part) and hello wonderful world of being pregnant!  I’m ready to enjoy every second now that I don’t feel like death!  We also had ANOTHER surprise ultrasound!  No, nothing is wrong.  My doctor is just super awesome and told us that we could probably hear the heartbeat at this point but she likes to look anyways haha!  Man I love her!  It's really amazing getting to see the wee one develop in person every month so far!  Our anatomy scan is on the 23rd but after that I'm not holding  my breath for more surprise viewings.
Have you told family and friends:  It’s really real now since I made the announcement on Facebook and started to post on the blog.  Aww good old social media.
Miss Anything?   Same as last posting.  I could really go for some spicy tuna rolls or tuna poke! Mmmm raw tuna….
Movement: More and more frequently!  I’m so anxious for Mike and Kendall to be able to feel it from the outside.
Symptoms: Dog nose, a growing belly and being ready for bed by 8pm
Food cravings: Apparently I’m craving sushi grade tuna!  I'm also finding myself wanting sweets way more than normal.  I'm usually a salt girl.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I really wish I didn’t have dog nose.  I’ll be feeling perfectly fine and get a whiff of something 10 blocks away and Hello nausea!
Gender prediction: It’s a girl OR a boy
Labor Signs: Nope thankfully
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Almost off BUT that’s only because I’m so cold all the time they are slipping off my shriveled freezing fingers.
Emotions: Gitty!  See below.
Nursery:  The clean out has begun, the decals are ordered and I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect dresser (which I’ve actually found but the jerks won’t respond to me!)  We’ll swap K to her crib version of the toddler bed pretty soon so come the New Year she can get a new bed and the crib will go into the baby’s room.  The last thing we need is Kendall upset that the baby is in HER crib.  We got a new dresser for our bedroom so my beloved lazy-shoezan can make its way over and out of the baby’s room.  I also got a new sewing machine for my birthday (thank you mom and dad!) so I’m overly anxious to get on some sewing projects!  As far as the nursery goes though, I need to wait until the little peanut arrives to do some of them.  My one regret with Kendall’s nursery was finishing it TOO much so it was hard to add girly details in after she was born.
Looking forward to: Finishing emptying out the office/nursery so when stuff arrives it can go up right away and non-baby related - Christmas!  Kendall is SO much fun this year I can’t stand it.  I love seeing everything through her eyes!

 Side profile of our little one.  Jaw bone and eye lid (still shut)
 Top view
 We at 15 weeks pregnant with Kendall
 Me at 15 weeks pregnant now
Week 16

1 comment:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Ahhh so exciting!! Hello little belly!!